Showing the real-time checkout screen as a picture-in-picture in surveillance video from a retail store
About the project
Observe the real-time checkout screen directly in the surveillance camera feed. Examine cashier behavior in regard to processing items/goods. Thanks to this solution you have a visual check that no fraud is occurring.
How does it work?
The ShareX application is installed on the computer running the POS software, which sends the screen or a screen‘s view area to the surveillance camera.
The CamOverlay, in-camera app instaled in the AXIS camera, which can live feed the POS monitor screen into the output video image.
VMS or video storage
Either the camera image with or without the cash register monitor embedded or both at the same time is sent to the existing recording or VMS storage.
The beauty of the solution
The entire solution is built on software only. No hardware or special network setup is required. Data is sent securely within the local network.
List of supplies
- Compatible hardware
- ShareX application on the PC with the cash register
- CamOverlay App for AXIS camera
- Application setup as per the instructions
- PC – Operating system Windows 7, 8.1, 10 or 11 for ShareX
- Surveillance camera – AXIS camera with ARTPEC-6/7/8 processor
for CamOverlay App, check compatibility here
- VMS – Any solution (video stream from the camera already goes with either screen checkout, without it, or as 2 sources)