Showing widget with Air quality data into a video feed from Axis camera. Data are sent from World Quality Index and shown directly in video
List of supplies & Specification
About the project
Not only are we able to embed data into a live stream from score tables, individual meteorological stations, transit servers, or temperature and internal sensors – this time, we’d like to show you another interesting integration! Air quality is a highly discussed issue around the world. That’s why we were asked by the sales engineer of Axis Communications about the possibility of embedding current data on air quality directly into the live stream.
About the World Air Quality IndexThe World Air Quality Index project is a non-profit the project started in 2007. Its mission is to promote air pollution awareness for citizens and provide unified and worldwide air quality information. The project is providing transparent air quality information for more than 130 countries, covering more than 30,000 stations in 2,000 major cities.
For this solution, an AXIS IP camera that runs the CamScripter App is needed. A micro-application, which is available free at https://github.com, is then downloaded into this application. After filling in the configurations, the micro-application ensures that data is downloaded and depicted from the Air Quality Index project – a widget with the air quality index in a color corresponding to various categories of health impact (according to Air Quality Index metrics). When using it, it’s necessary to adhere to the conditions on the project’s website.
This integration is another interesting addition to urban streams and more. “It not only provides interesting added value to our clients’ live streams – but it also shows that we can fulfill our clients’ requirements using our applications and that we’re able to create integrations with specific products for them,” adds Filip Hanek, Filip Hanek, Product Manager of CamStreamer.
What do you need?
Axis network camera
- Use any compatible camera from Axis Communications with ARTPEC-5/6/7/8 processor
- The Axis camera portfolio can be found at axis.com
- Don’t forget to check the compatibility with CamStreamer apps
- MSRP $419 (AXIS P1135)
- CamStreamer App is an In-camera app streams live video directly from Axis camera to YouTube, Facebook and many other streaming platforms. Easy setup via any browser, no additional HW is needed.
- CamOverlay App is an in-camera app that generates dynamic graphic overlays and displays them directly in Axis camera’s video stream
- CamScripter App allows to running of micro apps (Node.js script) inside the Axis camera fetch data from an external source
- MSRP $799
How to set-up integration of World Air Quality Index
- Download the zip file package aqi_app.zip with our script on https://github.com/CamStreamer/ CamScripterApp_packages_to_use
- Install the CamOverlay App and CamScripter App on your camera – download it here: https://camstreamer.com/download-app
- Upload the zip package name aqi_app.zip to the CamScripter App. Use the button ADD NEW PACKAGE and start the application and configure it via the gear icon.
- In the configuration: fill in the password of the camera, the token for AQI API (you can generate it on the displayed link), and your location (it’s best to check it via the AQI website, but usually just the name of the location works, e.g. „London“).
Tips: Fill in the name of the location displayed in the widget and set the position of your widget, e.g. top right corner.
- Graphics are generated directly by the CamScripter App.