Showing scoreboard directly in a video feed from Axis camera. Data are fetched from iScoreSports and shown in the video
List of supplies & Specification
About the project
This time we’ll show you an interesting example of integration made by one of our customers, who integrated a scoreboard with the current results of a sports match directly into a live video stream and created a clever solution for controlling their YouTube live streams.
The next step in this solution was to connect a button to the camera that starts and stops camera streams to YouTube. Again, no other hardware is necessary – only a button, which is connected directly to the camera's I/O port. This is controlled by the “triggering” function in our CamStreamer App, which provides the live stream to YouTube. By combining this with a microphone, which is also directly connected to the camera, the fully automated solution for streaming sports events was created.
Would you like to see a full record of the match? Watch on YouTube of the Eagles club.
What do you need?
AXIS Q3536-LVE Dome Camera
- Outstanding image quality in 4 MP
- Analytics with deep learning
- Available with wide or tele lens
- IR-shielded dome to prevent reflections
- Metal casing and built-in cybersecurity feature
- MSRP $1199
AXIS T8351 Mk II Microphone
- Outstanding audio with low noise-level
- Discreet and compact analog microphone
- Flexible installation
- Read on How to setup your own HW button in our support zone
- CamStreamer App is an In-camera app streams live video directly from Axis camera to YouTube, Facebook and many other streaming platforms. Easy setup via any browser, no additional HW is needed.
- CamOverlay App is an in-camera app that generates dynamic graphic overlays and displays them directly in Axis camera’s video stream
- CamScripter App allows to running of micro apps (Node.js script) inside the Axis camera fetch data from an external source
- MSRP $799
TIP: CamSwitcher App
- Allows you to switch between view areas or multiple cameras.
- There's no additional costs for you, $799 is the price of a bundle of all 4 CamStreamer apps
Tip: if you want to turn ON the light when streaming is active and turn OFF if it is deactivated you can do it by following steps:
a) buy button with LED diode or diode alone for 12V DC
b) connect LED to DC Output of the camera and Digital output (marked in green on the picture below, note that the amount of ports differs by the model of the camera)
Once it is connected you have to set Event (System-> Events) within the Axis user interface. This event will turn on the light once the circuit with the button is closed and again off once it is opened.
Check out demo video here.